Hello Spanish Students,
We now begin our journey into learning this amazing language. I will provide several pdf files from unit 1 to the last unit we will cover for this year. As you can notice, each unit will be distributed by order of sequence and grade level. If you feel that you are ready to be challenge, then you may look head of schedule, but I do carefully advice you all that it is material I have yet to cover which means that an outside Spanish speaker will be needed at your own discretion.
Learning objective: Using Spanish to enable learners to get to know each other and the tutor. Setting the standard for the course by getting the learners comfortable with interaction and communicating in Spanish.
1.1 Getting to know people (8-11 pages)
1.2 Exchanging names
1.3 Greetings and Goodbyes
1.The Student will be able to identify locations and reinforce adjectival agreement.
2. The Student will be able to exchange information about families which will reinforce group relationships.
3. Number Practice from 0-100
- Students will be able to recognize and write what is a true or false statement in Spanish.
- Students will be able to read the questions and respond with simple nouns
- Students will be able to extract keywords from assigned reading text and use it to answer the following questions.
- Student will be able to read, critically analyze a text, and respond in simple sentences.
- Student will learn new terminology focusing on adjectives and use of verbs.
- Student will be able to describe directions to another person.
- Students will master geographical locations and read about its regions.
- Student will identify and recognize currency and learn how to make change in Spanish.
- Students will read and respond to reading comprehension questions regarding temperature and size.
- Student will be able to read complex text and decipher hidden words from puzzle.
- Students will be able to read long and complex text of the instructors choosing and level.
- Students will be able to respond to the comprehension questions at the end of each text with the correct grammatical punctuation and structure.
Unit 1 + Unit 2